www.lecinqueisole.it - San Domino, Tremiti Islands
History of Tremiti, said in the texts of prof. Pio Fumo News from Tremiti Islands Getting - hourly ferries, ports of embarkation. Not to be missed - visit to San Nicola, laps of the island, ribs rental, water taxi to the most beautiful bays. Hotels and accomodations in Tremiti Restaurants to the Tremiti islands Information, useful number and links Home page
Escursioni - opera di Nicola Di Pardo
Marine reserve of Tremiti Islands Newspaper archives of "Notizie dall'arcipelago" Maps of Tremiti Islands Weather forecasts for Tremiti Islands Artworks, music, painting in Tremiti Photos of Tremiti Islands
   
  Tour of San Domino's Island
 
Sentiero delle Viole Discesa per la grotta del Sale Bacheca informativa in Pineta Panchine sulla grotta del Sale
   
  Rural Village
 

Here in 1935 was built to 61 metres above sea level, the Rural Village of San Domino, consisting of 12 houses red type colonial willing to 2 sides of a flat road 350 metres long, which is bounded on the south by the former cellar Complex experimental colony and to the north by a square with a new large building houses built at the same time, to serve as a town hall. But as the population of St. Nicholas not welcomed the government proposal, leaving that island to move to San Domino and dedicate themselves to agriculture, the village was abandoned for many years. The building which is accessed by external stairways 2 is composed of 6 rooms and a terrace. The houses consist of a ground floor covered by roof, each of them is 2 for large families. Call 28 1946, with the abolition of the colony of confinement, a portion of the population of St. Nicholas, occupied with the permission of the municipality, while in the palace were housed families homeless, in addition to school and the chapel. Since 1950 all families in the village residents have organized to modernize their apartments and assign their pension with tourists for the summer holiday, so fully solving the problem of receptivity, as had already happened on the island of St. Nicholas. At the end of the street of the village on the other side of the building stood experimental winery that was the direction of the colony, after using the farmer Vincent Carducci. On his shoulders lies the superb garden.

 
  Tour of San Domino's Island
 
From rural village depart 3 roads through the forest of pines to rejoin the lighthouse. That central, called "Road of pinewood" unfolds uphill until you reach the highest proportion (m 116) where stands the ancient "Chapel of Romito, before falling back on the side opposite to the lighthouse. The 2 other hand, are held side of the road pinewood, almost flat land along the coasts: one, that of western called "Road of municipal beacon of San Domino" develops on the low slopes of the hill through thick pine forest, rising above the Cala English, Cala Benedictine, the Grotto of the Rondinelle, Punta Secca, all'Appicco, Grotta del Bue Marino, and Ripa of Falconi and up to Faro l 'Moreover, to Levante, called "Road municipal Cantina Experimental" is through the Cave of Salt and Grotto of Viole, having dubbed the Punta di Ponente and the Cave of Murene, rejoins the road of Faro Faro and the same to form as a real circuit shape of an ellipse, which develops a length of about 3 km. Do not neglect to take this circuit elliptical rural rare beauty, which we like to call the "Overview of San Domino."
 
   
  Come back to excursions
  Homepage
   
   
 
 
Recommended
 
Typical tremitese, locally caught fish from their vessel, offered for groups of persons....
 
The movement of marine specialists to Tremiti islands. Rental ribs, water taxi service, assistance to recreational boats...
 
 
 
 
 
 

Torna alla home-page

 
Association le cinque isole ---- Advertising ---- Newspaper archives ---- contact us
 
www.lecinqueisole.it is the site of the cultural association "Le cinque isole"
Publishers of the magazine Information "Notizie dall'arcipelago".
 

All the artworks are of Nicola Di Pardo

© 2007 www.lecinqueisole.it - All right reserved